- What will we ask to estimate the cost of your project?
The required minimum is a description of the business logic.
The more detailed the better, so it makes easier asking the right questions for us to evaluate the price.
The assessment will be more precise in case you have the following information:
• Detailed business logic.
• Terms of Reference — the technical description of the project.
• Loading requirements.
- Why don’t we make an assessment in 1 day?
We have a consistently large load, so we need to integrate this time-consuming task into the work schedule.
The initial assessment will serve to understand the range of cost terms and the size of the team needed.
How do we make an assessment?
• We entrust this to the developer who has the most relevant experience for the project.
• The score is divided by task groups.
• We will show which components we have calculated so that there are no surprises for you. We will make sure that all your expectations are taken into account.
- Does our client need to understand the development?
The only thing the client needs to understand is in the industry of his project. The rest can be solved.
Of course, experience in launching / development / implementing custom projects will be very useful. It will help save time at the initial communication stage. It is good if the client already roughly understands what is expected of us and how the process will go, so we will not need to explain our every decision.
If you do not have skills in such projects, then the product owner or technical director (will conduct development communication) will not interfere with your team.
- Why will you enjoy working with us on AGILE?
• You can adjust the progress of work and make changes at the beginning of each sprint (work phase, 1-2 weeks long) by choosing priority functions.
• It is not required to write a full Terms of Reference before starting work. The required result is described in general terms and is specified in the course of work on the project.
• During some sprints, the previous code is analyzed and refactored (improved). This makes the product better, more maintainable, and more scalable.
• Each sprint includes mandatory testing of developed functions.
• As a result of the sprint, you get finished — programmed, made up and tested part of the product.
• The work is absolutely transparent, so you see how much time the team spent on each function, what the developers did every day.
• The hourly rate is lower than with other development models (it does not include the risks of the developer for an incorrect assessment and discrepancies in understanding the Terms of Reference).
- What projects are not cost-effective to do with us?
Template projects (those that can be assembled using designers or on ready-made CMS.
They are assembled from ready-made components: simple online stores, corporate websites and landing pages.
You do not need high qualifications to make such a project well. It turns out that development with us more expensive, and the client will not receive a tangible difference in the quality of the product.
Such a project is more profitable to do with companies that specialize in standard orders.
- Do we help with the development of business logic?
For 20 years, the company's top management has been implementing projects in dozens of different industries and can advise on client's request.
But AXIOMA does not create business logic from scratch or a raw idea — this is not our specialization.
- How to protect the project from amateurs?
Keep in mind:
Amateur Professional Project Evaluation
will agree to any of your budgets
all thoughts like “the main thing is to get a project”
will make his assessment and will argue for it Scope of Evaluation
no details and listing of evaluation components
does not include testing, costs of Agile events, code documentation
based on the experience of similar projects
will take into account and show in the assessment the main development steps
gives the client an understanding of all the elements of the estimated cost of the project
Experience in creating similar projects
rather, there were no similar projects in terms of complexity and volume, therefore, they will not be able to tell fully about the experience
the answers will not be specific and detailed
will tell in detail about his experience and bottlenecks in similar projects
will mention the difficulties encountered and how to overcome them
there is no built-up and clear development process — He cannot fully talk about it
cannot argue why such a process is chosen
many common phrases about efficiency, coherence
will explain the features of work in details and answer customer questions
will tell about the objective pros and cons of the chosen approach without idealizing it
the main goal of communication is to get an advance, and soon (is there life after the advance?)
such a philosophy is visible in a hurry in getting an advance payment
Talks not about projects and portfolio, but about his regalia
the centre of his attention on himself
the main thing in communication is to delve into the project and the needs of the client
speaks about his projects, not about himself
asks a lot of questions to better understand customer expectations and offer concrete solutions
his focus is on the client
- What is the hourly rate? Why time & material, not fixed?
Hourly range: 35-50 euros
What determines the hourly rate of your project?
Scope of work
The larger it is, the lower the hourly rate.
A small volume in our understanding is 2-3 months.
Projects from six months more profitable to do.
The harder the higher the hourly rate.
More resources have been invested in training specialists in complex technologies, so our development costs are greater.
Consequently, web development, for example, will come out cheaper than blockchain.
We build processes according to the Agile methodology, and this implies a time & material approach to pricing.
Before starting work, we cannot fix all three variables: terms, cost and functionality. If the budget and deadlines are fixed, then the amount of functionality that we will manage to do may change during this time. If you fix the functionality, then the timing and budget that will be needed to develop this functionality may vary depending on how the development process goes.
- Project Approach
We do not sacrifice quality for the sake of the economy.
As a result, the client receives a well-made, supported product without bugs.
To do this, during the development process, we carry out checks for compliance with standards for writing code, code reviews, manual testing, automated tests, documenting code, and writing technical documentation.
We do not do illegal projects and scam pyramids.
- What is our team?
AXIOMA development is carried out by a distributed team of 20 specialists.
We do not have freelancers. All developers are full-time and work only for AXIOMA. The most employees have been with us for many years.
We do not outstaff, because the quality of the service is influenced not only by the skills of the performers but also by their teamwork in the established processes.
All programmers are Middle or Senior.
No Junior, as in complex projects there are no routine tasks that can be entrusted to a Junior without the risk of losing quality.
- How communication is built, if we are not in the same office? Does the distributed team hinder?
We chose this method because:
• this allows you to more effectively find high-level specialists;
• the absence of an office saves money so that we can take on cool specialists for your projects;
• personal freedom of workers makes us more attractive employers;
• our customers pay for the development, not for our office.
We have been working in this format for 5 years. During this time, we learned to use all the nuances of this approach to our advantage, and our customers are satisfied.